At Chardon Schools Food Services, we know that good nutrition and learning go hand in hand
The Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well-being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
New USDA Guidelines and Meal Patterns...
Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
QUICK FACTS about our
Nutrition Services Department:
- We offer chef salads, fresh
fruits and veggies at every school, every day.
- Over 1200 lunch and over 400
breakfast meals are served
- We use a computerized point of
sale system in all of our buildings.
- We offer 3 different kinds of
fat free milk (white, chocolate, strawberry).
- We follow the nutritional guidelines for competitive foods sold as set forth by the USDA's Smart Snack Guidelines http://healthymeals.nal.usda.gov/
Josephine Culliton, SNS
Director of Nutrition Services
308 Maple Ave.Ave
Chardon, Ohio 44024