At CMS we focus on teaching students to responsibly use technology to be safe and positive members of our larger society. Within all of our technology course at each grade level, we teach this using theFBI Digital Citizenship Curriculum to guide student's learning. Across our entire building during select Advisory periods, we also lead building-wide discussions using the Digital Citizenship curriculum designed by Common Sense Media. Common Sense is a leading organization who arms parents, children, and educators with information to keep children safe online.
Parents can follow our buildng-wide lessons by clicking HERE throughout the spring semester.
In addition, educators in our school constantly reinforce correct online behavior, stress privacy, and speak often to students about online bullying.
Tips for Parents:
1. Keep track of your child’s online presence
2. Talk often about being a good online citizen
3. Encourage your child to talk to an adult about inappropriate online behavior
4. Use passwords that have numbers, letters, capital letters, and special characters
5. Have access to your child’s social networks
6. Teach them how to interact with others online in safe, appropriate ways