Welcome to Chardon Local Schools!
We commit to high achievement for all students.
In-District Registration Instructions
For new, incoming students who reside in the District
- PreK- Grade 12 — 2023-24 School Year
Your student must be five (5) years old on or before August 1, 2023 to attend Kindergarten in 2023-24.
IMPORTANT PRESCHOOL NOTE:
As of April 28, 2023, all PRE-K role model openings for the 2023-24 school year have been FILLED. The preschool is at this time ONLY accepting enrollments of PRE-K students who will receive specialized services as approved by our Director of Student Services.
Option #1 In-District Registration
Option #1 is for Parents/Guardians who already have a student(s) enrolled in the District and wish to enroll a new, incoming student. Please follow the Parent Portal instructions below to register your new, incoming student. If you do not have another student(s) enrolled in the District, skip down to Option #2.
1. Log onto the Parent Portal
2. After successful login, click "More" on the lower left.
3. Click "Online Registration" and proceed with registration.
4. After submission of online registration, return to this page and scroll down to view Required Registration documents.
Option #2 In-District Registration
Option #2 is for Parents/Guardians who are NEW to Chardon Schools — no current student enrollments — and would like to register a new incoming student. Option #2 LINK
After submission of online registration (either Option #1 or 2), return to this page and scroll down to view Required Registration documents.
CLOSED: Open Enrollment and Intra-District Applications
The application window for Open Enrollment (students residing outside of the District) and Intra-District (transfer requests between Munson Elementary and Park Elementary) closed on April 1, 2023. The window for these applications, as previously announced on this page with application links, was March 1 - 31, 2023.
Required Registration Documents
In addition to your online registration (above), you must submit all required registration documents [see 1-7 below] before we can officially enroll your student.
K-12 Parents/Guardians will be prompted to upload registration documents [SEE 1-7 below] during the above, online registration process. Questions can be directed to Christine Creviston at 440.286.0402 or [email protected]
Pre-K Parents/Guardians must bring registration documents [SEE 1-7 below] to their scheduled appointment at Chardon Early Learning Center 308 Maple Ave, Chardon, OH 44024. Please contact Lisa Loncar at 440.285.4066 with any questions regarding Pre-K documents.
All Pre-K-12 questions regarding the online registration process should be directed to Christine Creviston using her contact information listed above.
List of Required Documents
1. Original copy of your child's birth certificate.
2. One proof of residency:
3. Immunization records
Ohio Department of Health resource documents are listed below for your reference:
4. If applicable, any legal documents pertaining to family arrangements (i.e. guardianship, custody)
5. Release of Records from former school (if applicable). Please see our release of records form.
6. Proof of Exam Form completed within the past year. This pertains to Kindergarten and new 1st-Grade Registrations only.
7. If applicable, a copy of child's most recent ETR, IEP, and/or 504 Plan.