To view a board member's elected term, 2022 calendar year member appointments, and bio, please click on the board member's name listed to the left on this page when using a desktop/laptop device. To access this information using a mobile device, please scroll up and use the dropdown menu.
The five-member Board of Education, elected to reflect the will of the community, is committed to providing the district's children with an exceptional educational opportunity.
- Elected by non-partisan ballot, each serving a four-year term.
- Functions as a policy-making body according to the mandates of state law.
- Represents the State of Ohio and the citizens of the Chardon Schools on all matters and decisions dealing with public education and in some matters concerning services for non-public school students.
- Determines the goals and priorities of the school district.
- Authorizes the appointment of the superintendent, treasurer, teachers and other staff members.
A provision is made in each regular meeting agenda for the board to hear from public attendees (who reside in the Chardon Local School District) wishing to speak on matters pertinent to the education of students in our schools. We welcome and encourage your participation.
NOTE: Former board member Mr. Paul Stefanko, who concluded his fourth four-year term with the Chardon board of education in December 2021, continues his role as the board’s Auburn Career Center representative through the 2022 calendar year.
Click on the tree logo below for access to BoardDocs,
which includes meeting agendas and board policies.
To access meeting dates on a desktop/laptop computer device, visit the right side column of this page (on a mobile device, meeting information can be found by scrolling further down on this page). If you encounter any issues with BoardDocs access and links. please contact Ms. Christa Barto, Executive Secretary, at 440.285.4052.
Public access to BoardDocs does not require a log-in.