2023 Meeting Dates
On a desktop/laptop computer device, access meeting dates via the right side column of this page. On a mobile device, meeting dates can be found by scrolling further down on this page.
Public Access to Board Policies and Meeting Agendas/Minutes
Please scroll down to the BoardDocs link on this page.
CHARDON BOARD of EDUCATION
(l to r, front row), Mr. CJ Paterniti, Board Member;
Mrs. Karen Blankenship, Board Member;
Mr. Keith Brewster, Board President;
(l to r, back row) Dr. Guy Wilson, Board Vice-President;
Mr. Todd Albright, Board Member
The five-member Board of Education, elected to reflect the will of the community, is committed to providing the District's children with an exceptional educational opportunity.
- Elected by non-partisan ballot, each serving a four-year term.
- Functions as a policy-making body according to the mandates of state law.
- Represents the State of Ohio and the citizens of the Chardon Schools on all matters and decisions dealing with public education and in some matters concerning services for non-public school students.
- Determines the goals and priorities of the school district.
- Authorizes the appointment of the superintendent, treasurer, teachers and other staff members.
A provision is made in each regular meeting agenda for the board to hear from public attendees (who reside in the Chardon Local School District or are a business owner in the District) wishing to speak on matters pertinent to the education of students in our schools. We welcome and encourage your participation.
To view a board member's elected term, 2023 calendar year member appointments, and bio, please click on the board member's name listed in the menu to the left of this page when using a desktop/laptop device. To access this information using a mobile device, please scroll up and use the dropdown menu.
Note: Mr. Paul Stefanko, a member of the Auburn Vocational Board of Education, is appointed by the Chardon Board of Education as the Auburn Career Center liaison to the Chardon Board of Education for the time period January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2025.
If you encounter any issues with BoardDocs access and links. please contact Ms. Christa Barto, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, at 440.285.4052. Public access to BoardDocs does not require a log-in.