The Student Services department is dedicated to identifying and providing services, supports, programming and specialized placements to meet the needs of diverse learners.
The District engages in ongoing Child Find services to locate, identify, and provide a free appropriate public education (FAPE) for all children between the ages of three (3) and twenty-one (21) who have a disability and reside in the Chardon Local School District. Please see our Child Find Notice for more information on Child Find activities.
The Student Services department's offerings include:
- Special Education Programs
- Gifted Education Services
- English Language Development (ELD)
- Services for Homeless or Foster Placed Students
- Federal Title Programs
- Section 504 Plans
- School Psychological Services
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Student Services also contracts with local educational service centers for additional specialized services.