1. SUMMER PRE-NOTIFICATION
Will the District always share anticipated school year fees like it did this summer?
Yes! By sharing grade level fee lists ahead of time, we help families know in advance which fees they can expect for their student during the upcoming school year. We understand it's important that families are informed and aware of upcoming costs.
2. DISTRICT BUDGETING / PLANNING
How was the District able to make the elimination of Pay to Participate fees possible?
The elimination of school fees has been a District goal. Fees were greatly reduced in the 2022-23 school year as the first phase of this goal.
Now in 2023-24, eliminating District "Pay to Participate" student activity/athletic fees has been achieved by planning and budgeting District funds to allow for this benefit to all students.
3. ELIMINATED VS. NON-ELIMINATED
Why are some fees eliminated this school year and some are not?
Non-eliminated “still in effect” fees are primarily non-District fees that are assessed by third-party organizations. Examples - field trip fees, AP exam fees, etc. are fees of the hosting organizations.
4. CHROMEBOOK FEES
Why does my student have Chromebook fees?
- The Chromebook technology fee for Grades 4-12 is an annual insurance fee.
- The Chromebook case fee is a one-time fee for all 4th-grade students and Grades 5-12 NEW students. Future case fees beyond that one-time case fee are only assessed to families when replacement of the case is needed due to loss or damage.
- The Chromebook charger fee for Grades 4-12 is only assessed to families when replacement of the charger is needed due to loss or damage.
5. TIMING OF FEE POSTING
Is there a schedule for when fees are posted to Infinite Campus? I’m just now seeing some fees being posted as ready for payment.
Fees are posted at different times of the school year, depending on the fee.
Some fees e.g. the Technology insurance fee can be posted to Infinite Campus very early on.
We held off posting some fees to avoid families being unnecessarily charged IF they qualify for free meals in 2023-24.
The free meals application was not due until mid-October. Qualifying families receive a waiver on most school fees.
Benefits of Delayed Posting:
- Potential free meal-qualifying families did not have to make fee payments as they awaited approval of their free meals application.
- Free meal-qualifying families do not have to await refunds on fees waived.
- The District saves time and resources on double work and manual entries involved with issuing refunds.
Other fees cannot be posted to Infinite Campus until they apply.
- An English Class Visiting Actors fee is added once a student is in the class and accepts the in-house field trip.
- AP exam fees are added once assessed to the high school by the College Board.
6. CHECK INFINITE CAMPUS REGULARLY
Are there auto-notifications I can receive each time a fee is posted for my student?
No. At this time, Infinite Campus does not offer a feature to auto-notify families as fees are posted as ready for payment.
We ask that parents/guardians check Infinite Campus regularly and visit the Fees tab just as it is best practice to regularly access IC to view your students’ grades and more.
7. UNPAID FEES
Do I still need to pay my student's outstanding fees from previous school years?
Yes. Unpaid fees from previous years remain the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
Will I be charged a late penalty if my payment is past the due date stated in Infinite Campus?
No. The District does not assess a late penalty nor charge interest. We simply send out reminder emails throughout the year on past due fees. The expectation is the fees will be paid in a timely manner — when posted or by the end of the school year at the latest.
Can my student participate in 2023-24 sports if we have unpaid sports fees from prior years?
Student-athletes with unpaid sports participation fees from the 2022-23 year or prior cannot compete in athletic contests for a 2023-24 sport until both of the following are completed:
- Full payment is made for the student-athlete’s most recent unpaid sports fee.
- A $50 minimum payment is made toward any unpaid sports participation fee prior to the most recent unpaid sports fee.
All of the graduating student’s fees in Infinite Campus must be paid in full by the conclusion of the student’s senior year in order for the student to participate in commencement exercises (graduation ceremony). We advise that families do not wait until the end of their senior year but instead make payments regularly each school year.
Unpaid SCHOOL Fees / Making Payments
Direct questions to your school by phone during school hours.
Unpaid SPORTS Participation Fees / Making Payments
Direct questions to Athletic Director Doug Snyder at [email protected] 440.285.4052 ext. 1414.
Submit a Free Meals Application
Students qualifying for free meals also have most of their school fees eliminated. If you have not yet completed a free meals application, please visit the Meal Payments / Benefits / Policies section on the Food Service webpage where the application and additional resources are located year-round. Each school webpage has a Food Service tab directing to this page.
General Inquiries: Eliminated vs. Non-Eliminated Fees
Direct questions to Treasurer/CFO Deb Armbruster at 440.285.4052 or [email protected]