July 9, 2022 — As a step forward in consolidating web platforms for increased efficiency of operations, Chardon Schools is pleased to announce the July 1 launch of Infinite Campus Messenger for ALL district-level and building-level EMAIL communications for parents/guardians and staff.
This replaces use of the previous system known as Blackboard Connect.
Though to a much lesser extent than email, the IC Messenger platform will also be used for text/phone/ emergency notifications just as the district previously used the Blackboard Connect platform for those purposes (example: snow/calamity days, etc.).
What do enrolled families and staff need to know?
- Our administrative staff, board office staff, and summer-available building secretaries were trained on IC Messenger by an IC staff member in late June and are continuing to work on refining use of the application this summer.
- All building secretaries will be trained later this summer by district staff members before school re-opens.
- With IC Messenger, families will still receive emails right in their inboxes just as they did with Blackboard Connect! (Some returning families may already be quite familiar with IC Messenger emails as select schools have occasionally used this application in the past.)
- Following are screenshot examples of how IC Messenger emails appear:
- Please add [email protected] to your list of email contacts as an added layer of assurance that your email server does not divert our communications to Spam.
- Families may also see a copy of Infinite Campus Messenger emails in their IC Parent Portal! This depends on the delivery site selection of the sender. Emails can be sent not only to your personal or work email inbox but also to the Parent Portal.
- With the district-wide launch of IC Messenger, we kindly ask for your patience as we iron out the initial expected bumps in the road when implementing any new process.
For example, we understand not all families received the Transportation letter (dated July 7, 2022) that was sent on July 8, 2022 via IC Messenger. This was due to a technical issue, and we are working with IC to address it. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sidenote: We recommend bookmarking your school website so you can easily visit your school page from where you can access the Transportation site, among other departments and resources. Visit https://www.chardonschools.org/ and select the Schools dropdown menu to access your school website.
Again, thank you for your patience as we continue to fine-tune our IC Messenger procedures over summer break!
Chardon Local Schools