Chardon Tiny Toppers
Integrated Preschool Information
2018-2019 School Year
For the 2018-2019 school year, the Chardon Local School District will conduct an integrated preschool program for Chardon students.
Click the registration packet link HERE to begin your registration process.
What is an integrated preschool?
School districts are mandated by the state of Ohio to provide services to students ages 3-5 who qualify for special education. Chardon Local Schools provides this service through an inclusion philosophy. This means typically-developing children or “role models” and students with special needs are educated together. Role model students are being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year.
Teachers/Staff and Ratios
Each classroom includes a licensed teacher hired through the Chardon Local School District. An assistant will also be assigned to each classroom. The maximum number of students permitted in each class is 16.
- In an effort to customize instruction for students, the morning preschool program is for children 3 and 4 years old who are just entering preschool. This class will meet Monday-Thursday
- An afternoon program will take place Monday through Friday for children 4 - 5 years old who anticipate entering kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year.
- While there could be some flexibility when registering for either session, space is limited.
Program Location and Hours
- The preschool classrooms will be housed at Maple School.
- The morning classes will run from approximately 8:45-11:45 am Monday-Thursday
- Afternoon classes will be held from approximately 1-3:30 pm Monday-Friday
- official start and end times may vary by a few minutes. Parents will be notified of the official hours in August.
Parents/Guardians will be notified of a preschool open house prior to the start of the 2018-2019 school year
- $1950 for the year. A payment plan can be arranged.
- A $50 check deposit is required at the time of registration that will count toward tuition.
- Checks should be made payable to Chardon Board of Education.
Transportation is not provided. Parents/Guardians are responsible for transporting students.
- Registration will be open from March 13 to March 21, 2018 for typically developing students aged 3-5.
- Spaces are limited.
- Registration will take place t Chardon Middle School in the Student Services office on March 13 from 12-4:30 p.m. and on March 21 from 2 to 6:30 p.m.
- If you are unable to attend on the 13th or the 21st, you may make an appointment to register by calling Student Services at 286-0460.
- All required forms must be completed in order to register for preschoo
Please use the link at the upper right hand side of the page (2018-19 Registration Packet) to print the paperwork needed for preschool registration. If you are unable to print the registration packet, please contact Student Services at 440-286-0460.
Registration Requirements for Preschool Program
- Completed registration form
- Original copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency:
Copy of parent/guardian driver’s licenseCustody papers if applicableCheck for $50 made out to Chardon Local School District
- Deed/building permit/completed rental or purchase agreement OR
- Current tax statement OR
- Voter registration card OR
- Completed Residency Affidavit Form OR
- Completed Residency Verification Form
If you have questions, please contact Student Services at 440-286-0460 or the Early Childhood Center at 440-285-4066.