Hello, I'm Ellen Ondrey, the District Community Coordinator. Welcome to our Communications Webpage.
Just as the Curriculum Department is closest to the classroom, the Communications Department is closest to the community which supports that classroom. We interact with hundreds of volunteers, parents, and community members during any given school year, serving as a liaison between (and within) the schools and area communities. In essence, we serve as the link between the schools and the larger communities we serve.
Each of our six buildings belongs to the community, and the Communications Coordinator seeks to make sure everyone has a chance to “come inside Chardon Local Schools.”
Areas of reponsibility include:
• COMMUNITY/STAFF RELATIONS - Communication with internal and external shareholders via various printed and online publications.
• MEDIA RELATIONS - Works closely with print reporters, as well as the local television station, to report daily/weekly District activities, as well as serving as a liaison in emergency situations.
• DISTRICT WEBMASTER -Responsible for the on-going development of the District website; including assisting principals, secretaries and teachers to design and post information on a regular basis. The District strives to make your online experience as enjoyable and painless as possible. To that end, we welcome any comments or suggestions that you may have
• SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS & SPECIAL PROJECTS- - Coordinates our volunteers who serve students and staff and coordinates any events which involve the district beyond daily educational student activities.
• DISTRICT TEST COORDINATOR (DTC) - Coordinate District assessment activities and support improvement efforts that include the use of assessment results.
• SUMMER SAFETY VILLAGE DIRECTOR - Coordinate the District's two-week summer safety village program for students entering Chardon's kindergartens in the fall.
ELLEN ONDREY - District Communications & Special Projects Coordinator
P 440-285-4052 x409