The five member Board of Education, elected to reflect the will of the community, is committed to providing the district's children with an exceptional educational opportunity.
- Elected by non-partisan ballot, each serving a four-year term.
- Functions as a policy-making body according to the mandates of state law.
- Represents the State of Ohio and the citizens of the Chardon Schools on all matters and decisions dealing with public education and in some matters concerning services for non-public school students.
- Determines the goals and priorities of the school district.
- Authorizes the appointment of the superintendent, treasurer, teachers and other staff members.
The Chardon Board generally meets the second Monday of each month. November's meeting is the third Monday. Meetings begin at 6:30 PM. Sessions are held in the Board of Education meeting room at 428 North Street. All meetings are open to the public and media.
A provision is made in each meeting agenda for the board to hear from visitors wishing to speak on matters pertinent to the education of children in our schools.
We welcome and encourage your participation.